From the compelling cover art to the artistic excellence within, the McKameys have climbed to new heights with Joy In the Journey. Ten tracks—every one a ticket to truth, a passport to peace, a road-sign that points directly to Jesus, the ultimate source of the joy and love every human heart longs for and every soul needs.
Along with a musical legacy spanning several decades, numerous awards, and a record-holding 17 # 1 songs, the close-knit Tennessee family seeks first and foremost to live what they sing. Faithfulness to God is a crowning family virtue, and the members earnestly endeavor to bring their best to the Master with each recording.
The McKameys believe this album contains their greatest song collection ever, and we believe you’ll agree! So come along, settle in your seat, and savor in the sweet assurance of Joy In the Journey!
It’s a major milestone on a highway already lined with impressive accomplishment!
No matter what we’re going through, there is Joy in the Journey.
Joy in the Journey releases on March 15. Be listening for the project’s first single, “When Faith Steps In,” releasing to radio soon!
- I Have a Great Savior (Rebecca J. Peck) – It has the timeless feel and the authority of a hymn, even though it’s a brand new song by Rebecca Peck. The McKameys’ confident delivery conveys the hope we have in Christ.
- Glorify the Lord in the Fire (Sandy Blythe) – Beloved matriarch Peg McKamey Bean sings of our joy in the roughest parts of the journey with the passion that comes from having walked with God in the valley before.
- All is Well (Sheryl Farris) – Connie Fortner leads this triumphant song about the Resurrection.
- Joy in the Journey (Sheryl Farris) – The joy shines through in this convention-style toe-tapper!
- When Faith Steps In (Leigh Parsons Sexton) – Peg and Sheryl share the joy we find in faith through our journey. This story song, written by Squire Parsons’ daughter Leigh Parsons Sexton, takes the listener through the believer’s journey—accepting Christ, everyday life, death, and then, the triumphant end of the journey—Heaven!
- Remember When (Sheryl Farris) – Bass singer Ruben Bean sings a wonderful song of salvation.
- He Gave (Barbara Huffman) – Peg reminds us of the many things God gave—headed by the greatest gift, His Son.
- All That Matters (Dallas Holm) – Eli Fortner offers a McKameys spin on this Dallas Holm classic, with his parents Connie and Roger, Aunt Sheryl, and grandparents Ruben and Peg singing the harmony parts. (Yes, they let Roger sing!)
- God Doesn’t Think Like Me (Sheryl Farris) – Sheryl wrote and leads this soaring musical challenge to set our affections on things above.
- I Made it By Grace (Kyla Rowland) – The McKameys excel at singing the convention style; Connie and Sheryl trade leads here to bring the album to a powerful finish.